Prehistoric Bullet Holes
An Auroch is an large, extinct “buffalo like” animal. Many skeletons of this extinct type have been found in Europe.
What is remarkable about one in particular in the Moscow Museum of Palaeontology is that it has a bullet hole in its skull. The hole is round, without radial cracks that would result from slower projectiles like spears and arrows. The only known projectile that leaves this kind of smooth, round hole without radial cracks is a bullet because of its velocity.
I mention the auroch first because of a possible objection that can be raised. If it is indeed a bullet hole, perhaps the skeleton was shot many, many years after the animals’ death. The problem here is that the auroch survived the wound and lived long enough for unmistakable calcification to appear at the site of the injury.
How did an animal that became extinct supposedly thousands and thousands of years ago come by a “modern” bullet hole in its skull.
A similar round, clean, smooth hole without radial cracks was found in the skull of a “Neanderthal” man found in the early 1920’s in Rhodesia. The man supposedly died over 40,000 years ago.
The skull is currently at the British Museum. The skull was found more than fifty feet below ground level. In addition to the hole consistent only with that made by a bullet, the other side of the skull was blown out from the inside!
Now, a word about this photo. There aren’t that many Neanderthal skulls in “captivity”. I heard about this alleged bullet hole several years ago and I knew that it was a particular skull at the British Museum. I found this photo several years ago and I think it is important to say that the museum made no mention of the bullet hole at all.
It was simply one of the photos of the skull. I think that bears a little on its authenticity—it did not purport to be a picture of a skull with a bullet hole. That fact is something that the anthropologists apparently overlooked. Cuozzo, in his book, Buried Alive mentions actually getting his hands on the skull.
Of course, there are alternative explanations given for the hole, but it appears to have been the fatal wound and nothing we know of makes that kind of wound except a bullet—-or perhaps a small meteorite, presumably travelling horizontally to the ground.
On the one hand, you have Palaeontologists offering alternative scenarios for the hole, and on the other you have a German forensic scientist who examined the skull who states categorically that the wound could have come only from a bullet because of the velocity necessary to produce the characteristics of the wound. One assumes that the forensic scientist would have some experience with bullet holes that perhaps an anthropologist or a palaeontologist may not have.
75 Notes/ Hide
- lunarblue21 likes this
- nonepic62 likes this
- hedjeroo likes this
- ikasamadriami reblogged this from acemarried
- acemarried reblogged this from jankirushutaindesu
- luckynamegame likes this
- astroshad likes this
- kiwiflavouredbubbles likes this
- jankirushutaindesu reblogged this from bitterassfandom
- heherpderp likes this
- bitterassfandom reblogged this from mrchibs
- awkwardlytheatric likes this
- mrchibs reblogged this from strangeaccounts
- avatar-redpanda likes this
- kaepgaeb reblogged this from graveguy
- hugzies likes this
- deathbefore-decaf likes this
- camillelang reblogged this from clawfootbathtubsuicide1939
- areliiguadalupe likes this
- shelbyote reblogged this from paranormalnight
- shelbyote likes this
- morgiexcupcake reblogged this from butmotheridontwanttogrowup
- butmotheridontwanttogrowup reblogged this from nbaum
- graveguy reblogged this from clawfootbathtubsuicide1939
- narcosis likes this
- nbaum reblogged this from livealoud
- nbaum likes this
- livealoud reblogged this from clawfootbathtubsuicide1939
- clawfootbathtubsuicide1939 reblogged this from paranormalnight
- paranormalnight reblogged this from strangeaccounts
- thegatsandpartyhats reblogged this from strangeaccounts
- zambamboz likes this
- zambamboz reblogged this from courierjack and added:
- strangeaccounts posted this